Automated scanning of restricted areasLatest automation functionality makes Acunetix not only even easier to use, but gives better peace of mind through ensuring the entire website is scanned. Restricted areas, especially user login pages, make it more difficult for a scanner to access and often required manual intervention. The Acunetix “Login Sequence Recorder” overcomes this, having been significantly improved to allow restricted areas to be scanned completely automatically. This includes the ability to scan web applications that use Single Sign-On (SSO) and OAuth-based authentication. With the recorder following user actions rather than HTTP requests, it drastically improves support for anti-CSRF tokens, nonces or other one-time tokens, which are often used in restricted areas.Top dog in WordPress vulnerability detectionWith WordPress sites having exceeded 74 million in number, a single vulnerability found in the WordPress core, or even in a plugin, can be used to attack millions of individual sites. The flexibility of being able to use externally developed plugins leads to the development of even more vulnerabilities. Acunetix v10 now tests for over 1200 WordPress-specific vulnerabilities, based on the most frequently downloaded plugins, while still retaining the ability to detect vulnerabilities in custom built plugins. No other scanner on the market can detect as many WordPress vulnerabilities.Download Acunetix WVS v10 and Read the press release
- ‘Login Sequence Recorder’ has been re-engineered from the ground-up to allow restricted areas to be scanned entirely automatically.
- Now tests for over 1200 WordPress-specific vulnerabilities in the WordPress core and plugins.
- Acunetix WVS Crawl data can be augmented using the output of: Fiddler .saz files, Burp Suite saved items, Burp Suite state files, HTTP Archive (.har) files, Acunetix HTTP Sniffer logs, Selenium IDE Scripts.
- Improved support for Java Frameworks (Java Server Faces [JSF], Spring and Struts) and Ruby on Rails.
- Increased web services support for web applications which make use of WSDL based web-services, Microsoft WCF-based web services and RESTful web services.
- Ships with a malware URL detection service, which is used to analyse all the external links found during a scan against a constantly updated database of Malware and Phishing URLs.